Quick Potato soup
Joha's potato soup - Quick recipe
1 lb of potatoes, peeled and finely chopped
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
2 cups of milk
Chicken/veggie stock (as needed)*
4 Tablespoons of butter
1 Tablespoon of all purpose flour
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. In a pot, on medium heat, sauté it onion for a minute with a teaspoon of oil of preference.
2. Add potatoes and enough chicken stock (or water) to cover potatoes. Cover pot and let simmer.
3. In a small pan, on medium heat, melt butter and add flour, whisking constantly for about about 40 seconds. When it starts to brown, add milk slowly whisking until thickened and there are no clumps. It should take about 5 minutes.
4. When potatoes are soft, smash using a potato smasher (I like the chunky consistency).
5. Add the thickened mix of milk to the potatoes and stir for about 5 minutes.
Adjust salt and pepper, and garnish with some bacon, chives and/or croutons.
If you like this recipe, check this recipe of my Asian inspired Chicken soup.